Skin Pigmentation with Treatment
Fight back the Skin pigmentation with treatment options at Envy Aesthetics!
Many peoples are suffering from skin discoloration because of augmented local skin pigment (melanin) production. Internal bodily controls can resist overproduction, but with constant exposure and with aging then over-exposed skin can lose its aptitude to curb overproduction and result in long-term hyperpigmentation marks. If you wish to attain pigmentation-free skin, you can visit Envy Aesthetics clinic for effective pigmentation treatment in Whitefield, Bangalore.
Known triggers for melasma include:
- Sun exposure and sun damage- this is the most important avoidable risk factor
- Exposure to ultraviolet radiation (UVR)- it deepens the pigmentation because it activates the melanocytes to produce more melanin.
- Pregnancy – in affected women the pigment often fades a few months after delivery
- Hormone treatments- oral contraceptive pills containing oestrogen and/or progesterone, hormone replacement, intrauterine devices and implants are a factor in about a quarter of affected women
- Hypothyroidism – low levels of circulating thyroid hormon.
Which treatment is best for pigmentation?
Skin pigmentation can sometimes be difficult to know without having a basic understanding of genetics. A dermatologist from envy aesthetics can be very helpful if you are trying to determine the cause of your skin’s pigmentation and if you have an idea of what type of skin you have. Once you know what skin you have after free consultation with experts, you will be able to make an informed decision about the treatments that are best suited to your specific condition. Skin colour and the pigments that it contains are extremely important and need to be taken into consideration when considering the treatment options available for your skin.
Treatment Options For Pigmentation
- Laser Treatment: In this method, laser light is used to absorb the pigment in the skin without doing any harm to the surrounding tissue. This procedure takes 30 to 45 minutes and the results may vary from one person to another. Multiple sessions are required for the best results in Laser Treatment for Pigmentation.
- Intense Pulsed Light: IPL is an effective treatment for all types of pigmentation. Before starting the procedure, the patient’s skin is cleansed thoroughly and then the cold gel is applied. Then the beam of light is applied to the skin and then the targeted pigmented area is exposed to strong light. At the end of the procedure, the skin is cleaned and protected with UV cream.
- Mesotherapy: It is a non-surgical treatment in which the fine needle is inserted into the underlayer of the skin. Vitamins, enzymes, glutathione are some of the products that are used to treat pigmentation. This treatment helps in skin rejuvenation and the formation of collagen.
- Chemical Peels: There are some types of chemical peels. So depending upon the skin problem of the patient, this chemical peel treatment is suggested by a surgeon. These chemical peels go deep into the skin and give youthful and smooth skin. Usually, 6 to 8 sessions are recommended by a dermatologist to see the best results.
- Microdermabrasion: This treatment helps in exfoliating damaged sun-tanned skin and helps in treating the age spots. It is a minimally abrasive therapy that reduces wrinkles, fine lines and improves pigmentation.
- Fractional CO2: These lasers are used for non-surgical skin rejuvenation to improve skin tone and texture.